Looking for a place to grab fresh seafood in Kingston? Look no further than Kevin’s Bar & Restaurant! With our popular Buck a Shuck night and delicious seafood menu items prepared by executive chef Matthew Gilbert, your tastebuds will be delighted while your senses explore the ambiance created by Kevin’s. But have you ever wondered what types of seafood you’re enjoying? You may be surprised to know that there are more than 200 species of oysters worldwide, but only five species are grown and harvested commercially in North America.
Curious what oysters you may be shucking? Check out this list!
- Pacific Oysters: Small and sweet, pacific are the world’s most cultivated oyster. They have a distinct shell that is fluted and sharply pointed. Typically, pacific oysters are named after where they are grown.
- Kumamoto Oysters: With a deep and bowl-shaped shell, kumamoto oysters have a sweet and nutty flavor.
- Atlantic Oysters (Bluepoints, Wellfleets): Did you know that 85% of oysters harvested in the U.S. are Atlantic? These typically have a saltier taste.
- European Flats: European flat oysters are characterized by their smooth flat shell. They have a seaweed and mineral taste and meaty texture.
- Olympia Oysters: Olympia are the only oyster native to the West Coast. Fun fact: they almost became extinct during the Gold Rush because of their popularity. Olympia have a sweet, coppery and metallic taste.
Knowing what oysters you’re consuming is important. But maybe they aren’t your thing. At Kevin’s Bar & Restaurant, we have a variety of seafood menu items on our daily offerings.
Seafood menu items at Kevin’s:
- Appetizers: Little Neck Clams, Fried Calamari, Seafood Cocktail, Spinach Artichoke and Crab Dip
- Small Plates: Baked Scallop and Crab, Octopus
- Entrees: Pan Seared Salmon, Crab Cakes, Shrimp and Scallop Sambucca
Ready to enjoy fine dining at Kevin’s? We’ll make any occasion a special occasion!
Buck a Shuck Night – Enjoy Some Oysters at Kevin’s!
If you love oysters and don’t want to go through the trouble of shucking, fortunately, Kevin’s has you covered. Each Tuesday we have Buck a Shuck Night all evening long! Each oyster is only $1, and because we’re so nice, we’ll even shuck them for you!
To reserve your table for Buck a Shuck Night, make a reservation online or give Kevin’s a call at (570) 285-3071.
Love is in the air. Kevin’s in Kingston is here to help you celebrate.
For many preparing for the season of love, finding the perfect Valentine’s Day date night spot can be stressful. And worrying about preparing the meal yourself is too much hassle. Let chef Gilbert handle the meal prep. We are offering seatings at 5, 7, and 9 p.m. Book today by calling 570-285-3071.
We look forward to serving you at all of our fine establishments: